Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus has never been better! If you are a little skeptical about trying our sweet potato hummus because you have never tried it before, we would invite you to dig right in. This sweet potato hummus recipe is delightful. It is almost like you pick up a little more of the rich flavor with every bite. The color of this hummus is also gorgeous. It brightens any table and works for any season. We might note that when we make this same recipe with a yam it is, “Oh So Yammy”!
This Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus seems to give up a fair amount of starch after making it so if you plan on keeping it in the refrigerator, you may want to add a little more water than usual in order to keep the consistency light and creamy. We scoop this delicious sweet potato hummus into a serving dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds and add a little fresh parsley for fun, or sometimes we dot with a little olive oil and a pinch of paprika. We think this roasted sweet potato hummus goes well with your favorite cracker, tortilla chips, pita wedges, or fresh cut veggies.
If you are looking for a gluten-free hummus, we would serve this sweet potato hummus with veggies. We often get asked if hummus is gluten-free. We can tell you that we grow our own chickpeas (garbanzo beans) so they are from our farm to your table. We harvest, haul, and clean them in our own facility. When you purchase our Bare Hummus, Garlic & Herb, and Mediterranean kits, you are purchasing gluten-free packs. So as long as you only use other gluten-free products - yes your hummus will be gluten-free!
We hope you love this Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus as much as we do! If you end up trying it, please let me know by leaving a comment below or sharing a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #palousebrand. It always brightens our day to hear from you!
Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus Recipe
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Total Time||1 Hour 15 Minutes|
Sweet Potato Hummus Ingredients
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Large dark-orange sweet potato 10-12 oz
- 3/4 cup dried Chickpeas
- 1 3/4 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to Make Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus
- Soak chickpeas overnight.
- Rinse and discard water, place beans in a pot, cover with 3 cups of water and bring to boil for about sixty minutes.
- Drain chickpeas and set aside cooking water.
- Rinse under cold water for 2 minutes.
- Set chickpeas aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Peel and cut one large dark-orange sweet potato into cubes and spread out on ungreased sheet pan.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, stir and bake for approximately 10 more minutes until tender and cubes begin to brown.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooling. Place sesame seed and olive oil in your food processor according to the directions on the hummus kit
- Add chickpeas and blend in your food processor. For extra creaminess, slowly add back some of the reserved cooking water.
- Add seasoning and process until well mixed.
- When the baked chunks of sweet potato have cooled, add them into the food processor and blend well.
- Add the smoked paprika, ground cumin and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Scrape the sides, mix well and Enjoy!