We have magnificent, naturally sweetened homemade sugar cookies to share with you, though we are not sure where the sugar went – ok, just kidding, it’s in the frosting. Wait until you experience the taste and texture of these wonderful cookies.
It really is time to talk about cookie recipes and this is the perfect time of year to try new cookie recipes and have some fun decorating them. Our recipe is made with our whole wheat soft white wheat berries. Our wheat berries are so pure and natural, their quality just can’t be denied.
You don’t have to chill the cookie dough before pressing shapes. Even though these homemade sugar cookies are soft and flavorful, your cookie cutters will cut the perfect edge every time. They are perfect for decorating and will freeze well. Double the recipe means double the fun! Our recipe will show you how to make sugar cookies the Palouse Brand way; quick, easy and rewarding!
Having that “down home” feeling is always wonderful. Our cookie recipe comes as no surprise with its ultra-light consistency, a little crispiness around the edges, a little chewiness, and packed with a sweet vanilla-wheat flavor. Really makes your mouth water, right?
There are tons of homemade sugar cookie recipes out there for sure, and you are probably wondering why you should try another sugar cookie recipe, especially when you are happy with the one you have made for years. So let us just tell you, “It’s all about the wheat”. When you mill flour from quality wheat berries, you bring the best into your kitchen. That’s what makes the real difference.
We guarantee you will love our whole wheat homemade sugar cookie recipe.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
|Prep Time||10 Min|
|Total Time||20 Min|
|Number of Servings||10-12|
Homemade Sugar Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 2 ½ cups (9.2 oz.) fresh milled flour from soft white wheat berries
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 cup cold, unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Easy to Make Sugar Cookie Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium size bowl combine flour and baking powder.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and raw honey together. Once the mixture is creamed together add the egg and vanilla extract and combine.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and beat until just combined making sure to scrape the bowl. Do not over mix.
- The dough will be in several masses. Scoop it out of the bowl and knead it together. This is a slight kneading process - do not over knead, just knead enough to be able to roll it out on a lightly floured surface until it is 1/3 inch thick.
- Cut dough into shapes and place onto parchment or wax paper lined baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, allow resting for a couple minutes. Transfer to wire racks to completely cool.
- When cool, frost and decorate.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 11 oz. cream cheese
- 2/3 cup butter
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Soften cream cheese and butter. Beat together cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Slowly add confectioner’s sugar to mixture blending in. Add maple syrup and continue until mixture is well blended and creamy.
- Optional: Add food coloring if you like.