Let’s cut the fat and make a colorful, exciting and healthy appetizer that is certain to please! We have taken our Bare Hummus right down the road to refreshing with our cucumber appetizer recipe and you are going to love it!
Our Bare hummus is so adaptable and super easy. Once you infuse it with flavor it's like – watch out taste buds! So here is our new twist on a cucumber appetizer recipe. You will find the texture smooth and creamy, and the flavor a little bit ranchy and a little bit dilly. We have found most recipes for cucumber appetizers use cream cheese, which is delicious, but you will be making no mistake when you substitute hummus for the cream cheese, as you will be adding fantastic health benefits, and no one will be the wiser!
We love the full-body texture but also like it a bit smoother, so removing as many of the skins as you can accomplish just that. After cooking we place the beans in a colander (saving the cooking water of course) and begin to rinse the beans under cool water. We rinse our beans using our water spray unit holding it close to the beans and gently use a wooden to stir encourages a lot of the skins to fall off the bean. Gently remove skins from remaining beans and process according to basic hummus directions.
This healthy veggie appetizer with cucumber is also a terrific replacement for heavily sauced and sometimes messy appetizers. Our cucumber appetizers are easy to pop in your mouth, and there is no dripping. The crispness of the cucumber gives our cucumber appetizer a nice little crunch and is a very refreshing choice.
Let’s give this cucumber appetizer recipe a try right away. It is guaranteed to be a delicious bite, and make a healthy statement all at the same time.
Cucumber Appetizer Recipe
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Total Time||90 Minutes|
Chickpea and Cucumber Appetizer Ingredients
- 3/4 cup Garbanzo Beans
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 large cucumbers
- 3 tbs fresh dill, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons Ranch dressing
- 1-pint grape tomatoes
How to Make Chickpea and Cucumber Appetizers
- Prepare hummus in your food processor and add Ranch dressing powder, mix thoroughly. Adjust for taste and add more dressing powder if desired.
- Slice cucumbers into ½ inch rounds. For a little more décor, you can leave the skin on the cucumber and partially peel for more color creating a striped look.
- Slice tomatoes in quarters lengthwise and set aside.
- Spread prepared hummus on top of the cucumber slices or transfer the hummus to a zip lock bag and make a small cut on the corner to squeeze it on. You may also pipe the hummus on top of the cucumber slices if you have a piping bag.
- Sprinkle the fresh minced dill on top and add a couple of quarter slices of the prepared grape tomatoes, or top with your favorite flavored roasted garbanzo beans.