Talk about fresh tasting - - go with anything salad! Most of us associate green split peas with green split pea soup. You don’t have to do that anymore because we are introducing our delicious green split pea and basil pasta salad. It’s a new favorite! The recipe proves that green split peas are not just for those cold winter days when you want to curl up by the fire and settle in for a soup night.
Our green split pea pasta salad is super easy to prepare, freshly flavorful, with just the right amount of texture and color. Our pasta salad recipe with green split peas is very good with salmon or any favorite main dish you might choose to dish up. This pasta salad recipe is terrific for dinner outside, family picnics and BBQ’s. Its light dressing does not interfere with the pure flavors in this green split pea pasta salad recipe, but is a huge compliment to it.
We know from experience that the very best way to enjoy any type of food is to begin with the freshest ingredients possible. Nothing could be fresher when it comes to green split peas than those that come straight from our fields to you! There is simply no substitute for flavor and, we only grow the best. In fact, when you purchase your green split peas from us, you can also discover your what field your peas were grown in by entering the Lot Code from the packaging on our website.
Now back to that extremely tasty Green Split Pea Basil Salad. We hope your mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Green Split Pea & Pasta Salad Recipe
|Prep Time||30 Min|
|Total Time||40 Min|
|Number of Servings||6-8|
Green Split Pea & Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 cup dry split peas
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups Farfalle pasta (bow tie pasta)
- 5 cups water
- 5-6 green onion, sliced
- 1 container grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 7-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 fresh lemon squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp lemon pepper
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
How to Make Green Split Pea and Pasta Salad
1. Bring water to a boil and add split peas, reduce heat to a soft boil for approximately 25 minutes or until they are just tender. Drain and rinse until cool while preparing the remainder of the salad.
2. Bring water to a boil, add pasta and reduce heat to a soft boil until pasta is cooked, but not overcooked. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool.
3. In a small saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil, minced garlic and oregano. Sauté until garlic becomes tender and slightly brown, approximately 3 minutes.
4. Place all ingredients together and toss with dressing, add some shredded cheese if you like and it is ready to serve.