Whether you’re planning a party or just looking for a nutritious snack during the sugar loaded holidays, this hummus is the perfect appetizer for you. The Caramelized Garlic Infused Oil gives a subtle but powerful garlic flavor while the lemon adds a tangy kick. It is truly a divine combo.
Because this is a no-tahini hummus, using only olive oil and very few ingredients, the quality of the oil is very important. The premium quality of the Ampersand Olive Oil is perfect for keeping this hummus smooth and creamy. It’s also actually vegan by nature, so you can bring it to parties where you’re expecting vegans/vegetarians and it’ll make them happy. Everyone loves a good hummus dip!
Caramelized Garlic Hummus Recipe
|Prep Time||8 hrs|
|Total Time||60 min|
|Number of Servings||6-8|
Caramelized Garlic Hummus Ingredients
1 Cup dried garbanzo beans
6 cups water, divided
1/3 cup reserved cooking water
4 tbsp. caramelized garlic olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. salt
How to make Caramelized Garlic Hummus
- Soak Garbanzo Beans in 3 cups of cool water overnight or for 6 to 8 hours.
- Rinse beans & discard water, place beans in a pot, cover with 3 cups of water, and cover and boil for 1 hour.
- Set aside cooking water. Rinse beans under cold water for 2 minutes.
- For extra creamy hummus remove the garbanzo bean "skins".
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy. If needed, additional water to thin out the hummus.
- Drizzle with Ampersand Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil
- Store covered in the refrigerator.