With our garden overflowing with zucchini we were excited to try out a muffin recipe using garbanzo bean flour. We decided to split the flour between soft white wheat and garbanzo bean flour to ease our family into garbanzo bean flour. If you are new to garbanzo bean flour this is a great way to ease into it. We were excited to use the garbanzo bean flour because with school just around the corner we need some quick breakfasts. The garbanzo bean flour helped to up the protein content in these muffins which is always a plus.
Another way to up the ante with these delicious garbanzo bean flour muffins would be to sub the sugar for applesauce. This is one of our favorite substitutions to help make baked goods healthier. We hope you enjoy these delicious muffins as much as we do!
Zucchini Chickpea Flour Muffin Recipe
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Total Time||20 Minutes|
Zucchini Muffin Ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Cups grated fresh zucchini
- 3/4 Cup butter melted
- 1 1/4 Cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 1/2 Cup multi-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup chocolate chip
How to Make Zucchini Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream the eggs, sugar, vanilla then add zucchini and melted butter.
- Mix the dry ingredients and then fold into the wet ingredients.
- Coat each muffin cup in your muffin pan, using a spoon to distribute the dough evenly through the tins.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until done.