If you have been searching for a great lentil burger recipe, look no further because you just found it! The flavors seem melded and inspired so well, we think you will deem our lentil burger recipe to definitely be a “do over”. When we are referring to recipes “do overs” in our world means we absolutely love it and it goes into our “favorites”. And, wait until you taste our avocado basil ranch spread on this veggie lentil burger.
There just comes a time at the end of the day sometimes when brain function and ideas slow to a dull roar. This is a “one of those days” kind of lentil burger recipe, it only takes about an hour from start to finish and most of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry.
If you have had a struggle with veggie lentil burgers falling apart or sticking on your grill then you won’t have to worry about that anymore either. These definitely hold together until you get the entire patty is on your plate.
Serving is always fun when plating up our lentil burgers straight from the grill because you can serve them in varying ways. We have served these patties on buns with traditional condiments such as mayo, ketchup, mustard or dressings of your choice. We have melted a slice of cheese on these patties. We have served these patties without buns – they are extremely hearty. We have served these patties on a large lettuce leaf.
You can serve and eat them any way you wish BUT, you just have to try serving our veggie lentil burgers with our super delicious avocado basil ranch spread – it is the “bomb”! Bon Appetite!
Recipe for Lentil Burgers Vegetarian
|Prep Time||45 Minutes|
|Total Time||15 Minutes|
Lentils Burger Ingredients
- ½ cup lentils
- ½ cup sprouted brown rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 15 oz. can, black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 2/3 Panko bread crumbs, (can use gluten-free)
How to Make Veggie Lentil Burgers
- Using a medium size heavy saucepan, combine lentils, brown rice, onion, carrot, garlic, cumin, sage, sale, water and vegetable broth.
- Cover and bring to a boil, reduce the heat to gently boil until the lentils and rice are just tender (be careful to not over-cook) and nearly all liquid is absorbed, approximately 40 minutes. Then add the black beans and Panko, mixing in well. Drain any excess liquid and let cool slightly.
- Process mixture in a food processor with a steel blade until you have a fairly smooth texture, leaving enough substance to form burger patties.
- Preheat your grill until you have a medium-hot fire in the grill and lightly oil the grill. Lightly mist patties with non-stick spray on both sides. Grill the patties until slightly crispy, approximately 5-7 minutes on each side.
Avocado Basil Ranch Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ranch seasoning
- 2 tsp. lime
- Blend all ingredients and season to taste with fresh ground salt and pepper. If you need to make a slight change to the consistency, add water, a tsp. at a time so this spread is relatively the same consistency and yellow mustard.