Oh, so delicious and tasty! The robust tomato flavor is unbelievable. This is the perfect legume meal! Lentils are a vegans' best friend. Extremely cheap and high in protein and fiber, lentils are easily prepared and a super-easy way to pack out any salad or fill any wrap.
This vegetarian chili recipe is gluten-free and also focuses on using less sodium! We know that a lot of lentil chili recipes can be quite the same and pretty boring, but we guarantee this one is everything but boring.
Our chili recipe is packed with refreshing flavor. Another great thing about our lentil chili is that it uses, brown lentils that hold their shape while cooking. Red and green lentils often turn to mush when cooked, but the brown lentil holds its shape and provides excellent texture in this dish! Not to mention all the health benefits that come with eating lentils! They are little superfoods!
Eat your way to better health and let your passion for good food reflect your passion for life by serving up our Terrific Lentil Chili recipe.
Tag us in your lentil chili posts on Instagram @palouse_brand. We can't wait to see what you create!
Lentil Chili - Gluten Free
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Total Time||50 Minutes|
Lentil Chili Ingredients
- 8 oz dried brown lentils
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, medium
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, large, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 - (32 oz.) cartons low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 - (14.5 oz.) cans no-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 - 4 oz. cans tomato paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Spanish Lentil Chili
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot.
- Once boiling, add lentils and simmer on high for 30 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add olive oil and sauté onion and garlic for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add diced red pepper till soft, approximately 2 minutes then add chopped cilantro and cook for approximately 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Add chili powder, sea salt, and pepper and continue to boil for approximately 10 minutes, reduce heat to low.
- Add cooked, drained lentils cover and simmer for 20 minutes.