If you are looking for the best shortbread recipe then this shortbread recipe is just for you. Our shortbread cookie recipe is quick and easy, as well as fabulous. We like our shortbread cookies to be slightly brown on top and semi-soft on the inside. How about you? This is the best shortbread cookie recipe we know of and well worth making. It’s a “try it, you’ll like it” kind of shortbread recipe!
Our shortbread cookie recipe can be put together in no time at all if you have already milled your flour. There are only 5 ingredients. Shortbread cookies are always a favorite and can be served for any occasion. This shortbread recipe is extremely buttery which always makes things taste good.
Shortbread recipes are a wonderful starting point for all kinds of sweet adventures. You can top it with some jam; add some flavor to it by adding almond or vanilla extract, even a little cardamom, or both! If you are a chocolate lover, then melt some chocolate on top. If you want to put cookie icing on top, we have included that recipe for you as well. You can always leave it alone since our shortbread recipe can stand on its own in perfect simplicity and our shortbread recipe is already mildly sweet! Isn’t it totally nice to have tons of options for our shortbread cookie recipe? We certainly think so!
We believe our shortbread recipe is terrific because of our freshly milled soft white wheat berries. We mill our wheat berries in our WonderMill on the pastry setting. The flour you mill for this shortbread cookie recipe will be light and fluffy. In fact, we encourage you to mill the wheat berries and then slowly run a spoon through the flour gently lifting and lowering it adding a little more air.
The most difficult part of our shortbread cookie recipe is waiting for this delightfully light-gold, crisp/flaky shortbread to bake.
Shortbread Cookie Recipe
|Prep Time||5 Min|
|Total Time||40 Min|
|Number of Servings||9|
Shortbread Cookie Ingredients
- ¾ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cup soft white wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
Shortbread Cookie Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°. Using cooking spray, lightly spray pan. Cream butter until very creamy and slowly beat in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix the salt and flour together in a medium size bowl. Then using a wooden spoon, slowly work in the flour and salt, then turn onto an un-floured surface and knead until completely blended.
- Firmly press dough into baking pan and prick all of the surface with a fork (make a design if you like).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, carefully loosen edges from pan and invert onto a cutting board.
Shortbread Cookie Icing Recipe
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Cooking Icing Instructions
Mix all ingredients together until fluffy.