Roasted Red Pepper Hummus has never tasted so good! Since our Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe is requested quite often, we will be sharing it with you today. We know you are looking for an easy hummus recipe to make, so just to let you know, all you need for our Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe are six ingredients; 1) one prepared Bare Hummus Kit, 2) olive oil, 3) water, 4) two large red peppers, 5) garlic cloves, and 6) lemon juice.
Our Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe is very versatile. The robust flavor of this delicious easy hummus recipe is a “pleaser.” Use your imagination from veggies to just about anything else you like to dip in hummus. It all works!
We have been making flavorful hummus recipes for some time now with our Bare Hummus Kits and this is one of our favorite recipes! Another favorite is our cilantro lime hummus. We like to garnish this homemade hummus recipe with parsley or a few chunks of red pepper. This easy hummus recipe can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator for a few days or frozen until you are ready to so serve it. One other tip we would like to share is that after cooking the beans if you remove the skins from the garbanzo beans yous get an extra creamy hummus. Yes, it can be a little painstaking but the difference it worth it!
While you are enjoying snacking of making lunch with this amazing hummus let us know what you think by posting a picture on leaving a comment on Instagram or Facebook using #palousebrand. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing your creations!
We hope you enjoy our Roasted Red Hummus recipe!
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Total Time||65 Minutes|
Red Pepper Hummus Ingredients
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 2 red peppers
- 3/4 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 1 3/4 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Cover garbanzo beans in two inches of water and soak overnight.
- Rinse and discard water, place beans in a pot, cover with 3 cups of water and bring to boil for one hour. Drain and set aside cooking water, rinse garbanzo beans under cold water for 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Place foil on a sheet pan and put two (2) whole red peppers on the foil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning at least twice until the skins are wrinkled and the peppers are charred.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and immediately wrap the peppers tightly in the foil and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- When peppers are cool enough to handle, move them from the foil onto a cutting board, remove the stems and seeds, dice.
- Place sesame seed and olive oil in your food processor according to the directions on the hummus kit
- Add garbanzo beans and blend in your food processor, you may gradually add some of the cooking water you set aside for creamier hummus.
- Add the seasonings, garlic cloves, lemon juice, and roasted red peppers process until smooth. Scrape sides and process again.