Striving for excellent health is so easy when we seek out recipes for snack mixes for our families that truly bring value to our healthy diets. Our vegan easy snack mix is so much better for us than what we can pay big money for in the store! Garbanzo beans make terrific homemade snack recipes that can go anywhere with ease.
Aside from the other healthy ingredients in our easy snack mix recipe, we just can’t help but share some health benefits of our tiny, powerful garbanzo beans. They truly are amazing.
According to a recent read in whfoods.org – “Participants in a recent study reported more satisfaction with their diet when garbanzo beans were included, and they consumed fewer processed food snacks during test weeks in the study when garbanzo beans were consumed. They also consumed less food overall when the diet was supplemented with garbanzo beans.”
And, according to whfood.org, “A recent study has shown that we can obtain health benefits from garbanzo beans even when we eat much smaller amounts over a much shorter period of time.” Another reason to keep making easy snack mix recipes with garbanzo beans!
In some countries, garbanzo beans are eaten as part of their regular/daily diets year round. They know how to supplement their diet’s naturally with garbanzo beans. Garbanzo beans are a good source of dietary fiber, protein and copper, and a very good source of folate and manganese, so why not make lots of snack mixes for our families with these delicious, excellently balanced beans?
Garbanzos = greatness, and there is so much more to them than just making hummus. Wouldn’t you agree it is time for garbanzos to take center stage instead of being that appetizer or side dish? Garbanzo beans are low-glycemic, gluten-free little gems!
Let’s keep those homemade snack mix recipes handy because they are making huge contributions to our healthy diets. The challenge is on!
Easy Snack Mixes
|Prep Time||40 Minutes|
|Total Time||1 Hour 40 Minutes|
Snack Mix Ingredients
- ¾ cup garbanzo beans, prepared
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. vegan dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup dried Craisins
- ½ cup vegan carob chips
- ½ cup chopped dried dates
- ¼ cup honey roasted sunflower nuts
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup dried apricots
How to Make Chickpea Snack Mix
- Place beans in a bowl and add olive oil sprinkle with ranch dressing mix. Mix together until beans are well coated with the olive oil and salt.
- Preheat oven to 375° and position rack in the center of the oven.
- Spray a cooking sheet with Coconut Oil, or cover your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Spread beans in a single layer.
- Bake, shaking the pan halfway through the baking time until the chickpeas are crunchy for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until they test crispy. If the bean tests soft, bake longer until crispy.
- Let the beans cool for approximately 1 hour before mixing in the remainder of ingredients.