Lately we have been the loving making lots of flavored hummus recipes using dried garbanzo beans. This time we wanted to create a recipe that used hummus in a way other than as a dip. So we are sharing our Mediterranean lemon hummus wrap recipe. That can be served for any kind of occasion because it is tremendously refreshing. The light and flavor packed wrap is great for lunch of a light dinner. It could also make a great appetizer at your next get together. Football season is upon us.
The hummus in this wrap offers outstanding taste and great texture and is sure to grab your taste buds in a very refreshing way. This wrap is definitely channeling Mediterranean flavors from the hummus to the red onion all the way to the artichoke hearts and we wouldn't change a thing about it. We do like to add a splash of feta but if you're needing a vegan recipe simply leave out the cheese. The balsamic vinaigrette also adds a nice flare to the recipe.
Homemade Lemon & Garlic Hummus Recipe
|Prep Time||10 Min|
|Total Time||10 Min|
|Number of Servings||1|
Mediterranean Lemon Hummus Ingredients
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large whole wheat, spinach or flour tortilla
- ¼ cup Palouse Brand Lemon & Garlic Hummus
- 1 roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 whole artichoke hearts, sliced in half
- 2 cups of mixed greens
- 1 tbsp. of your favorite balsamic vinaigrette
Option: Add your favorite crumbled cheese, try Feta
How to Make Mediterranean Hummus Wraps
- Put olive oil in saucepan over medium-low heat, add red onions and cook, stirring occasionally until slightly caramelized. Add garlic for last three minutes of cooking the onions until lightly browned.
- Place tortilla in a skillet over medium heat and slightly warm, approximately 50 seconds (not too much, keep it soft).
- Spread hummus across the middle of the wrap. Arrange cooked onions and garlic mixture, sliced red pepper and artichokes. Next toss the greens with vinaigrette and add to the wrap. Sprinkle with your favorite crumbled cheese, if you like.
- Roll your wrap and enjoy!