Terrific flavors come together in our slow cooker beef and lentil stew recipe. The key is in using the very best ingredients, so we use grass fed beef and our robust little Pardina lentils that are packed with mega nutrition.
This lentil and beef stew does not need much of an introduction as it makes it’s own statement in your dinner bowl. You can prepare this lentil and beef stew as the main course for a hearty lunch or dinner.
In fact, you can easily make a substitution and turn this beef and lentil stew into lamb and lentil stew. Slow cooker beef and lentil stew couldn’t be any easier to make.
Our chunky beef and lentil stew is easy to make and can be warmed up all week or frozen to warm later. We actually like to prepare this stew and then cool and reheat it before serving for maximum flavor. A great serve after the flavors have marinated together over night!
One of our goals is to broaden your horizons with wonderful recipes using lentils. There is just a lot to love about lentils. This beef and lentil stew recipe might be one of those moments mainly because lentils are our obsession for their super high protein, fiber and health benefits.
We honestly think this is one of the best ways to warm up to the cold season and settle into deliciousness with our rich and hearty beef and lentil stew recipe. A perfect family meal!
In case you can’t tell, we are in Love . . . . .best comfort food ever and who doesn’t love that?
Beef and Lentil Stew Slow Cooker Recipe
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Total Time||4 Hours|
Lentil Zucchini Stew Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2.5 pounds beef chuck, cut into ¾ inch cube
- 1 2/3 Cups brown lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 carrots, medium size sliced
- 1 lg. zucchini, chunked
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 8 cups low-sodium beef stock
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 4 bay leaves
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Lentil Zucchini Stew
- In large (12”) skillet (we like to use our iron skillet) over medium heat, saute’ onions for 3-4 minutes then add the beef and garlic browning the meat and stirring for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and place in slow cooker.
- Add lentils, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, beef stock, wine and spices to the slow cooker. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Set slow cooker on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
Tips: Why not try some different vegetables in our beef & lentil stew recipe - it's okay to experiment. After all, that's when some of the best tasting recipes come about.