How about a truly tasty cold lentil salad? Our lentil salad recipe combined with quinoa can most certainly be a meal all by itself or a great compliment to any entree. Both lentils and quinoa are becoming much more popular so we thought why not combine them to make a great quinoa salad with our stellar Pardina lentils.
There is such a variety of textures in our lentil and quinoa salad that it really makes it fun to eat. And talk about flavor, oh my goodness, there is plenty to be had in our lentil salad as well.
Most folks think of lentils when the weather is cool, but with lentils always on our minds, we have a habit of coming full circle in the summer to cool refreshing salads whether we are doling our lentil salad recipe out for lunches throughout the week or as a healthy contribution to a summer cookout.
So if you are only cooking with lentils in the cold months of the year be sure to not neglect our truly tasty cold lentil salad as temperatures start to rise or during the cooler months of the year. You will find our lentil and quinoa salad recipe to be a completely refreshing, filling salad anytime. Definitely, a lentil quinoa salad to keep on your culinary radar all year round.
Aside from outstanding flavor and textures, there are a couple of other huge benefits to our lentil and quinoa salad. We like to boast about how healthy this lentil salad is and how refreshing the taste is when you add the fresh chopped herbs and garnish with toasted cashews. Super delicious!
Lentil Salad Recipe
|Prep Time||30 Min|
|Total Time||35 Min|
Lentil Salad Ingredients
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup brown lentils
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon (med. Size)
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 medium leek
- ½ cup diced roasted red bell pepper
- ½ cup toasted cashews
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- 3 Medjool dates, fresh sliced
How to Make Lentil and Quinoa Salad
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan, add lentils, cover and reduce heat. Slowly boil for approximately 18-20 minutes and drain. Prepare the quinoa according to package directions and drain. Combine the lentils and quinoa, chill in the frig. for approximately 30 minutes or until cooled.
- While lentils and quinoa are cooking, use the time to roast the red bell pepper and toast the cashews.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, and mustard. Taste and adjust if need be.
- Add chilled lentils, quinoa, arugula, leek and roasted red bell pepper and fresh chopped herbs. Toss the dressing, combine well. Chill until ready to serve and stir well letting the flavors sink in.
- When ready to serve, add the toasted cashews.