Although the rhyme might suffer because we do not make a habit of poetry, this hummus pasta salad will knock your socks off because it is so easy to make. We don’t use a pasta salad dressing for this hummus recipe. We use a garlic and herb hummus for the dressing. Oops, I think we just caught your eye and your taste buds, so let’s keep moving!
As you read our pasta salad recipe you may think, yeah, just ordinary ingredients in this one. But, before you pass on this recipe, let us emphasize the power of the Garlic & Herb Hummus dressing that makes this salad because this recipe is really all about the hummus! And great hummus begins with fantastic garbanzo beans. Garbanzo beans that come right from the field to you.
When you are searching for lunch ideas or dinner ideas this should be on the top of your list because this just may be the easiest, full meal, delicious, hummus pasta recipe you come across. If you are new to making pasta salads, you will never again have to ask how to make a pasta salad, because you will have this one mastered in no time.
With a little pre-planning and having hummus already made in your freezer, the total time for putting this hummus recipe together is drastically cut. Remember, this recipe also answers the question of what to eat with hummus, aside from using it as a dip. Sounds like a home-run to us!
Can we also just take a second to talk about how stunning this pasta salad is? The photographs basically took themselves! This is a dish that will delight the eyes as well as the taste buds.
Garlic Hummus Pasta Salad
|Prep Time||30 Min|
|Total Time||75 Min|
|Number of Servings||8-10|
Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 oz. uncooked brown rice pasta, spaghetti style
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (optional)
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half, lengthwise
- ½ cup chopped cucumber, leave the skin on
- 1 - 3.8 oz. can of sliced black olives
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup dried Garbanzo Beans
- 1 3/4 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to Make Garlic Hummus Pasta
- Soak garbanzo beans for six hours or overnight.
- Rinse garbanzo beans and place them in the pot with 3 cups of water.
- Bring to boil for an hour or until fork-tender.
- Drain beans, reserve the cooking water and rinse with cool water, set aside.
- Place sesame seeds and olive oil in a food processor and combine.
- Add beans and salt, cumin, lemon juice, and garlic powder and blend until combined.
- Add Back reserved cooking water until the hummus is as creamy as you like.
- While cooking beans also cook your pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain and immediately return to the hot kettle.
- Stir in one cup of prepared hummus until pasta is well coated.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients.
- Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!