Seriously, we are not horsing around with this recipe! In this recipe, we use Bare Hummus to make deviled eggs and double up on the protein. Ok, that may sound slightly crazy but, shoot, why not be creative! This hummus recipe steps things up from the traditional deviled eggs we are used to, and that is why we went for the horseradish on this one.
So many folks stress over getting the flavoring of deviled eggs just right, and to be honest, most of us have spent years just adding and tasting, and, adding and tasting, right? So here is our new, “how to make deviled eggs, the hummus way” recipe. We promise they will be extra tasty and creamy.
We are kind of wondering what you are thinking after checking out the ingredients in our Chickpea Deviled Eggs because of the horseradish. Seriously, we kind of thought the craziest part of our hummus recipe may be the horseradish, but after much thought, we really think this might be the best-deviled egg recipe for those who are adventuresome and whom would like a measured recipe to depend on.
We love our garbanzo beans, aka chickpeas, and our free-range eggs. Together they bring a mighty powerhouse of goodness in many ways. Garbanzo beans are bursting at the seam with essential vitamins and minerals that bring health to us. Eggs also provide essential vitamins and minerals. They also give us much needed low-calorie protein and are known to boost weight loss among other things. This combination seems to be a fairly new food revolution!
You will have leftover filling to use after filling the egg whites. How about using it as a spread inside a Pita or on a sandwich? It’s very healthy and fun!
Horseradish Deviled Eggs Recipe
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Total Time||30 Minutes|
Deviled Eggs Ingredients
- 2/3 cup of Garbanzo Beans
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. prepared (not creamy) horseradish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
How to Make Horseradish Deviled Eggs
- If using homemade hummus or a hummus kit, prepare hummus beforehand.
- Place eggs in a medium pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a slow boil over high heat.
- Cover, remove the pan from heat and let sit 14 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with water and ice. Using a slotted spoon, take eggs from hot water to ice water. Make sure to save the cooking water.
- Cool eggs for ten minutes, then transfer back to the cooking water for 10 to 20 seconds. This will help loosen the shells.
- Pat dry and peel.
- Cut eggs in half and scoop out yolks.
- Put yolks in a food processor with mayonnaise, horseradish, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Process until creamy.
- Spoon or pipe filling egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.