Grilled Flat Bread with a Delicious Artichoke Hummus
This Grilled Flatbread with Artichoke Hummus is made with our Whole Wheat Flour and topped with a lemony delicious artichoke hummus, perfect for a healthy lunch or afternoon snack!
As the weather is heating up, we are looking for ways to move the cooking outside. This grilled unleavened flat bread. This recipe is quick and easy, the most complicated step was warming up the milk. Other things to note before making this recipes is that the dough does need to rest for 30 minutes. Also, if not serving immediately, place on a cooling rack to cool, no stacking or they will become soggy.
It was fun to grill this flat bread with veggies while cooking the chickpeas for the hummus on our extra burner. A light dinner or party tray cooked outside, quickly, and a hit for sure.
We used our whole wheat bread flour for this recipe looking to add some depth to flavor, but any of our flours would work well here.
Delicious Artichoke Hummus
You just have to have this artichoke dip! This is the kind of hummus we are talking about and, it goes with just about any venue. So, if you are looking for a different kind of unique flavor, this is it. The texture is fun because the food processor will leave small marinated chunks of Artichoke in the dip if you don’t over process it. Our delicious artichoke hummus sent our guests from dipping to scooping in a hurry.
Our artichoke hummus is smooth, but slightly chunky, a little tangy, and a whole lot of fresh. This delicious artichoke dip has a strength and richness to it as well, and you will think so too once you have made this tasty artichoke hummus dip.
Grilled Flatbread with Artichoke Hummus
Whole Wheat Flat Bread
3 cups whole wheat bread flour
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp coriander
1 tsp salt
3 tbs melted butter
1 ¾ cup warm milk
- 3 cups water
- 5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 can marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. salt
In a large bowl combine the flour, cumin, coriander, salt, butter and milk. Stir until dough forms.
Once a dough has formed, place onto floured surface. Knead until smooth, if dough is sticky add more flour.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes.
Pre-heat grill to med-high heat.
Divide dough into 4 sections, roll into balls and then roll out to ¼ inch thickness.
Place flatbreads on the grill and cooking for 90 seconds, flip and cook for another 90 seconds.
- Soak Chickpeas overnight.
- Rinse and discard water, place beans in a pot, cover with 3 cups water, and bring to boil for 60 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside cooking water, rinse under cold water for 2 minutes. For an extra creamy hummus you can remove the skins.
- Add all of the ingredients into your blender or food processor and blend until hummus reaches desired creaminess.
- Serve and Enjoy!
* Palouse Brand Bare Hummus can be made ahead of time and frozen, saving you precious time and energy for those last minute occasions. The Kit is a huge benefit considering the Kit will make eight (8) batches of hummus recipes!