You just have to have this artichoke dip! This is the kind of hummus we are talking about and, it goes with just about any venue. So, if you are looking for a different kind of unique flavor, this is it. The texture is fun because the food processor will leave small marinated chunks of Artichoke in the dip if you don’t over process it. Our delicious artichoke hummus sent our guests from dipping to scooping in a hurry.
Our artichoke hummus is smooth, but slightly chunky, a little tangy, and a whole lot of fresh. This delicious artichoke dip has a strength and richness to it as well, and you will think so too once you have made this tasty artichoke hummus dip.
Hummus is not only the “buzz” right now, it is becoming a “trend” for very good reasons. So many ask, “is hummus good for you” and we can positively answer that question with a yes! More than anything, we hope you make hummus a staple in your daily diet because of all the health benefits associated with garbanzo beans. What would you think if we told you articles have been written about the potential of improving certain areas of our health? Some articles have listed; reduce blood glucose levels, help regulate your appetite, reduce belly fat, increase calories and fat burning, increase your energy, lower diabetes, protect your heart health and cancer risks. Well, if half of that is true, then none of us want to miss out, right? That’s a lot for such a little bean! Here is a great article that answers the question is hummus is good for you?
Not only is hummus good for you, but it’s also about the taste, the texture, the versatility, the budget, and much more. Our artichoke hummus is just one terrific way to “cash in” and get a healthy dose of some protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Don’t be a stranger to our other flavored hummus recipes. You can enjoy them too. This hummus tastes great with pita chips or your favorite cracker.
Artichoke Hummus Recipe
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Total Time||65 Minutes|
Artichoke Hummus Ingredients
- 3 cups of water
- 5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 can marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained (cut into smaller chunks)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 1 3/4 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to Make Artichoke Hummus
- Soak garbanzo beans overnight
- Rinse and discard water, place beans in a pot, cover with 3 cups of water and bring to boil for sixty minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside cooking water, rinse under cold water for 2 minutes. For an extra creamy hummus you can remove the skins, but that is optional.
- Place sesame seed and olive oil in your food processor.
- Add cooled beans and blend in your food processor, add some of the garbanzo bean water you set aside until hummus is as creamy as you desire.
- Add seasoning, artichoke hearts, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Process until well mixed.
- We like to garnish with a couple twisted, thin slivers of lime and, a drizzle of olive oil.
* Palouse Brand Bare Hummus can be made ahead of time and frozen, saving you precious time and energy for those last minute occasions. The Kit is a huge benefit considering the Kit will make eight (8) batches of hummus recipes!