We love wheat berries and breakfast! This is a whole-wheat pancake recipe that delightfully combines both. We have tried our share of this breakfast staple from buttermilk pancakes to gluten free. With all of that tasting we can tell you this is the best pancake recipe. It is a simple pancake recipe that produces indulgent and decadent pancakes. Their texture and color are distinctive. We promise this will be like no other wheat pancake you have tried.
This is an easy pancake recipe featuring wheat berries that doesn’t require the use of a grinder or to spend large amounts of time making your own flour. It is a quick pancake recipe that just requires a blender. It takes no longer to make this homemade pancake recipe than it does to make pancakes from a mix; we made this recipe in less than ten minutes. This recipe is also easier and faster to make than most recipes for a homemade pancake mix.
Now that we have talked about how delicious and easy it is to make this pancake recipe from scratch, let’s talk about how nutritious it is as well. One cup of wheat berries has 30 grams of protein and 23 grams of fiber and since you are using the whole-wheat berry in this pancake you are getting all of that great nutrition. It is a great way to add whole grains to your diet. We might even call them healthy pancakes. (They become less healthy when you slather them in syrup or your grandmas’ jam.)
This pancake batter capitalizing on whole grain nutrition is awesome, but using different wheat berries can give you different results. The hard red spring wheat berry we used in this recipe gives you a wonderful golden red color and that rustic whole grain flavor most of us expect from whole-wheat items. If you want to try these easy homemade pancakes but don’t’ know if that whole-wheat flavor is your cup of tea, especially in a pancake, try the hard white wheat berry. It is neutral in color and has a sweeter flavor than its red counterpart. Try our wheat berry sample pack to find out which wheat berry you think best fits this recipe. We were shocked that the hard red wheat berry was our favorite. Let us know what you think of this recipe and leave a comment below.
Whole Wheat Pancake Recipe
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Total Time||10 Minutes|
Easy Blender Pancake Ingredients
- 1 Cup Wheat Berries
- 1 Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 TBS Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 TBS Sugar (I prefer 1 TBS white sugar and 1 TBS brown sugar)
How to Make Easy Whole Wheat Pancakes
- In your blender, place wheat berries and 1 cup milk, blend for 2-3 minutes. Do not use a food processor.
- Be sure to scrape the sides of your blender.
- Add oil, egg, vanilla and sugar to blender and mix for 1 minute.
- Add baking powder and baking soda, mix for 1 minute.
- Scape sides to ensure an even mixture.
- Pour batter onto a hot pan or skillet, to desired size.
- When bubbles stop forming, flip your pancake and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Top with butter, syrup, peanut butter, jam or whatever else you love on your pancakes and enjoy!