Whether it is football season, a picnic in the park, a family gathering or your favorite movie night at home, this healthy 7-layer dip replaces traditional bean dips, and brings it all together for more fun!
Our Healthy 7-Layer Lentil Dip gives our legumes a chance to “shine” and take the place of refried beans or hamburger, typical of taco dip recipes. Our Non-GMO lentils bring a load of protein because they have not been irradiated or processed in any way. Simply said, they are ready to use right from the bag; all field debris is removed due to our non-invasive food and packaging processes.
Aside from their high supply of nutrients, there is another benefit of including protein-packed lentils in your diet on a regular basis Lentils are extremely versatile and dirt cheap, that’s right, dirt cheap in comparison to purchasing meat. A big batch of dry lentils costs only dollars, so they are a great, economical way to add that healthy source of essential minerals, protein and dietary fiber you desire to many types of meals without needing to purchase expensive cuts of meat.
It doesn’t matter where we serve this 7-layer dip it always disappears right away! We are pretty certain our bean dip recipe will become a regular “go to” lentil recipe from your kitchen, just as it is from ours.
Lentil Recipes - Bean Dip
|Prep Time||30 Minutes|
|Total Time||60 Minutes|
7-Layer Dip Ingredients
- 2 cups prepared pardina lentils
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1(1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup fresh chunky salsa
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 4 ounces sliced olives
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. chopped green onions
How to Make 7-Layer Lentil Dip
- In large saucepan bring water to a rolling boil and add lentils. Reduce heat to simmer for approximately 45 minutes or until lentils are softened. Drain water off lentils, return to stove, add olive oil and stir. Add taco seasoning and stir together until well mixed.
- Place lentil mixture in a food processor and process until smooth, approximately 15-20 seconds.
- Using a 3-4 quart casserole, or similar dish or deep platter, layer remaining ingredients in order. Top with olives, tomatoes and green onion.
- Time to serve up with tortilla or pita chips.