The 4th of July is almost here and we have scoured the web to find all the best things to make this holiday weekend one to remember. The 4th is always a fun time to celebrate and hang out with friends and family. In honor of that time with friends and family we put together a list of things that we feel will make your Fourth of July the best yet. Everything from decorations to red white and blue food, as well as plus some classics you just can’t miss! Hopefully we saved you some time by putting all these great ideas in one place and we hope you have a happy Fourth!
If you need more great ideas for this Fourth of July, check out our Pinterest Board and don't forget to get to follow us!
1. Layered Punch - This is a classic at our 4th of July Celebrations. It is easy and quick. Kids and grown ups alike love this drink, the layers actually work you just have to pour carefully. You can do the same thing in a big pitcher for a gorgeous table display, it will just only serve one kind of juice at a time.
Photo and recipe courtesy of In Katrina's Kitchen.
2. Star Spangled Sangria - We love the kid-friendly drinks but nothing beats a great Sangria to help celebrate the summer. This is a great and easy recipe, the hardest part is cutting the pineapple stars. Metal cookie cutters are a big help here if you have them.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Simply Swider.
3. Lentil Sloppy Joes - Burgers and hot dogs are a staple at most BBQ's but we love to mix it up and plus how easy are these? Put them in the crock pot and enjoy your day, no fuss entertaining. These are so delicious we know they will be a crowd pleaser. Need brown lentils? We offer Free Three Day Shipping for the 4th. Order now to get yours before Monday!
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Edible Perspective.
4. Crock Pot Baked Potatoes - Speaking of crock pots, no need to heat up your whole house this summer for delicious baked potatoes. These are a simple way to feed a crowd and offer all the flexibility of slower cooker recipes. Time is dependent on potato size so pay attention to that!
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Well Plated.
5. Chickpea Veggie Burgers - If you prefer the grill to the slow cooker these veggie burgers are for you! Filled with veggies this are simply delicious. Paired with a nice hummus and a toasted bun is our favorite way to serve them.
6. Grilled Corn on the Cob - Grilled corn on the cob has become one of our favorite things over the past two summers. It is so easy and so delicious. It doesn't matter where we buy our corn this recipe always turns out and to be honest sometimes we don't even soak the corn and it is still amazing!!
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Lolly Jane.
7. Soft Pretzels and Pretzel Rolls - If you are thinking hamburgers and hot dogs we would like to suggest this outstanding recipes for pretzels and pretzel buns. Nothing beats a burger on a pretzel bun and for hot dogs or sausages simply weave through the holes of the pretzel, these will have everyone talking this Fourth!
8. Spinach and Avocado Pasta Salad - Every great BBQ needs some great salads! This is one of our favorites. We love the avocado, cherry tomato and garbanzo bean combination and how the garbanzo bean really shines in this recipe.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Tastes Better from Scratch.
9. Summer Chickpea Salad - This is possibly one of the best salad recipes we have seen! It screams summer! The honey garlic lime vinaigrette combines beautifully with the garbanzo beans and corn! Need garbanzo beans for you celebration? We are offering Free 3 Day Shipping so order now!
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of How Sweet It Is.
10. Firecracker Popcorn - Looking for a snack to take to watch fire works? We couldn't think of a better one! We have been making this now for 4 years and love it! We have even adapted it to other holidays. You can also leave out the pop-rocks, that is how we prefer it.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of See Vanessa Craft.
11. 4th of July Blueberry Pie - This is a gorgeous blueberry pie. Can you imagine how delicious it would be with fresh blueberries and a made from scratch pie crust? We love Betsy's pie recipe but we would like to offer up our pie crust recipe made from hard white wheat. We think this is the best pie crust recipe you will find! Plus its whole wheat.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Betsy Life.
12. Pistachio Ice Cream - This ice cream is the perfect compliment to your 4th of July celebration and its dairy free! This delicious pistachio ice cream is made from green split peas! You wouldn't even know that it is dairy free. Homemade ice cream is the perfect summer treat!
13. Painted Lawn Stars - This may not be a drink or recipe but we love this idea! What a great and simply way to decorate. Plus how easy is clean up, just mow your lawn. This idea could even be used for birthdays.
Photo and Idea Courtesy of The Concrete Cottage.
14. Artichoke Hummus - This is a snack that will knock your guests off their feet! So easy and goes with anything from pretzels to veggies. Everyone has had spinach and artichoke dip but artichoke hummus that is something to get excited about!
Love hummus? Check out all 10 of our hummus recipes! Yes our list may have consisted mostly of food but what can we say we are foodies at heart!