Roasted Garbanzo Bean Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Recipe posted by Palouse Brand on November 01, 2016
These twice baked potatoes are the perfect side. Don’t be afraid of this stuffed baked potato recipe because it truly is special! These twice baked potatoes require a little work but are worth all the effort. Their flavor can’t be matched. The hummus and lemon pair so beautifully with the potatoes you will wonder why you haven’t been making these for years.
This garbanzo bean recipe for twice baked potatoes is fantastic and the roasted garbanzo beans add the perfect crunch to the creamy filling. When you add roasted garbanzo beans, we honestly think our stuffed baked potatoes can’t be beat. This is a stuffed potato recipe for the more sophisticated crowd with its array of Middle Eastern flavors and spices.
Hopefully you already have our garbanzo beans on hand so you can prepare enough for roasting because the flavor of our garbanzo beans is extremely hard to beat! Also we feel that homemade hummus best suits this recipe but do what works for you and enjoy!
Stuffed Mediterranean Baked Potatoes
- 3/4 cup garbanzo beans
- 3 cups watter
- 4 medium size sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Soak 3/4 cups garbanzo beans overnight.
- Rinse and discard water, place beans in pot, cover with 3 cups of water and bring to boil for approximately 45 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water for 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove skins and place beans in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, smoked paprika and sea salt. Gently stir until garbanzo beans are covered with olive oil and seasonings.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse and scrub 4 medium size sweet potatoes, cut in half lengthwise. Rub the sweet potatoes with olive oil and place face down on the same baking sheet.
- Add the prepared and seasoned garbanzo beans to the baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake at 400° for approximately 30 mins.
- Half way through the roasting process, gently stir the garbanzo beans with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the oven, flip sweet potatoes over so they are flesh-side up, smash down the insides of the sweet potatoes.
- In a separate bowl mix together hummus, lemon juice, dill and garlic.
- Fill the centers of the potatoes with sauce.
- Top with roasted garbanzo beans, tomatoes and parsley and a touch of lemon juice.
Share this recipe