Gluten Free Cranberry Biscotti Recipe
Recipe posted by Palouse Brand on December 21, 2016
We are about to blow you away with our gluten free, high protein, super delectable biscotti! This recipe for biscotti is powered with garbanzo bean flour and has added flavor and crunch with dried cranberries and pecans. It is absolutely amazing. We recently shared our recipe for biscotti with a couple of our neighbors and Mary said, “I have to have that recipe! So good!” We know that will be your response as well.
We think this recipe for biscotti deserves to be tagged as one of the best biscotti recipes for a number of reasons. We always use our high-quality garbanzo beans that have not been canned, frozen or otherwise processed in any way. Our beans have only been cleaned of debris, and they are complete absolute virgin beans. Using these beans definitely, makes this one of the best biscotti recipes ever.
This recipe for biscotti has no trouble speaking for itself, so we will just let you get baking so you can enjoy!
Best Recipe for Biscotti
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 6 tbsp. Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- ¾ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz. bittersweet baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cardamom, and nutmeg; stir until combined. Add in the cranberries and pecans and stir. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugars in a large bowl and blend until light. Add eggs and vanilla, blend until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the dough to a garbanzo bean floured, work surface and knead until the dough just comes together (do not over knead). Add a little more flour if needed to the work surface. Divide dough into 2 equal sized halves, place halves onto the parchment or wax paper on the baking sheet. Shape each loaf into a 12-inch square or a rectangle, ½” thick loaf.
- Bake the loaves until they begin to crack and they are a uniform light brown. Approximately 35 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- Once loaves are cooled, place on a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut each loaf on the diagonal into 20-24 pieces. We suggest making the cuts ½” wide. Remove the paper from your baking sheet. Place the cut pieces onto the baking sheet with one cut side facing up and the other cut side flat on the baking sheet. Bake for 11 minutes until lightly toasted. Rotate so the opposite cut side is facing up and bake for another 5 minutes until dry and crisp. Cool.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in microwave until just melted, use a little butter if necessary. Using a spoon, drizzle over the cooled biscotti.
- *We fresh mill our garbanzo beans on our Wondermill 1-2 beans at a time and it makes wonderful fresh garbanzo bean flour
Share this recipe