Put some pizazz in your next gathering or meal with our famous vegan stuff peppers! Our vegan mini stuffed peppers recipe is super-fast and easy to whip up as an hors-d'oeuvre, a snack, or part of a meal anytime. We are willing to bet you will run out of our stuffed peppers in a matter of seconds. In fact, you may want to double the recipe right from the start!
Stuffed peppers are always a hit and we love to make stuffed pepper bites with the mini peppers because they are so much fun and easy to pop in our mouths – my mouth is watering right now just thinking about them. . . .
Stuffed peppers are also what dinner dreams are made of. Quite honestly, when you use our lentil stuffed pepper recipe instead of a combination of “what’s in the frig,” you will be making a very healthy and unforgettable stuffed pepper recipe. Our stuffed peppers taste absolutely scrumptious!
For a simple no-fuss supper, try serving our mini stuffed peppers with mashed potatoes and coleslaw.
Our lentils pack a tremendous punch of nutritional benefits with vitamins, minerals, and protein - that is undeniable. The little Pardinas make such a healthy impact in our lives that it is really difficult to comprehend. Have you ever found a single vitamin in a bottle that delivers this kind of maximum effect? We haven’t – so let’s keep on serving up healthy!
Deliciousness is always on our plates, how about yours?
Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
|Prep Time||25 Minutes|
|Total Time||40 Minutes|
Stuffed Bell Pepper Ingredients
- 1 package of mini peppers
- ½ cup brown lentils
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tbsp. chili powder
- 1 cup salsa
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Slight drizzle of olive oil (optional)
How to Make Vegan Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice peppers length wise, then remove stems and seeds. Place on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up (spray with coconut oil to ensure they don’t stick, just a recommendation). Place peppers in the oven and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Prepare the lentils while the peppers are baking. Bring 2.5 cups of water to a boil and add the lentils, reduce heat to a simmer, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes. Do a taste check to make sure they are cooked until just tender, don’t overcook, and then drain and place back in the saucepan.
- While the lentils are cooking mix together the following ingredients; garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, and salsa.
- Gently stir the mixed ingredients into the prepared lentils. Check the flavor and feel free to increase more spice if you like spicy foods or salsa. Heat on low until flavors meld in.
- When the peppers come out of the oven, change your oven to broil and immediately stuff each half of a pepper with a small spoon of the lentil mixture. Top with shredded vegan cheese and fresh chopped cilantro.
- Place stuffed mini peppers back in the oven and broil for approximately 2 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature – not recommended to be served cold.