Our recipe for chickpea soup is always a fabulous favorite and, its vegan! There is just no replacement for homemade tomato soup and so with this recipe, we totally offer our condolences to all the soup companies out there.
There is absolutely no doubt that we are here to brag about our roasted vegan tomato chickpea soup! Our quick and easy vegan chickpea soup is super healthy and filled with a ton of protein and nutrients. No apologies here, it really is all about those little chickpeas and some terrific spices. Simple as can be too.
The flavors in our recipe for tomato soup blend together and complement each other making this fabulous and healthy soup that can warm you on chilly nights, or refresh you when served cold on a hot summer day. There is no bad time for such our wonderfully creamy chickpea soup recipe!
It is amazing how such a small legume can bring so much flavor as well as deliver strong protein, vitamin and mineral loads along with it. Who would have ever thought?
This recipe for homemade tomato soup is easy enough to get the kids and grandkids involved because it is a lot of measuring and dumping ingredients together, and it moves along quickly so their attention span doesn’t wane away.
In fact, soaking the garbanzo beans overnight is part of the fun because that is like putting one of those little wash clothes in the bathtub and watching it grow. How about getting them to soak some garbanzo beans tonight for making our delicious tomato soup recipe? They will be surprised in the morning when they see how big and plump they are. Let the fun begin!
Homemade Tomato Soup
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Total Time||20 Minutes|
Tomato Soup Ingredients
- ½ cup garbanzo beans, prepared
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onion, Chopped
- Dash of salt
- Dash of ground black pepper
- Dash of chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 28 oz. can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 ¾ cups coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- Vegan sour cream
How to Make Chickpea Tomato Soup
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic and slightly brown.
- Add all spices and lemon juice and cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add roasted tomatoes and cook for approximately 8 minutes
- Add chickpeas, coconut milk, and broth and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a Vitamix or a blender and blend until smooth.
- Dividing the soup mixture into a couple of batches will speed things along as you are blending.
- If you think the soup is too thick, add more vegetable broth, a little at a time until you get the consistency desired.