Our vegan chickpea noodle soup is not reinventing the wheel, it just checks all the boxes of traditional homemade chicken noodle soup, but without any meat! Hearty and vegan - yes, of course, we can do that! This chickpea noodle soup is the makings of a wonderfully cozy winter dinner inspired by a meaty classic. And yes, it will still warm you to the bone!
Have you ever thought about chickpeas, pasta, and veggies? We have used gluten-free brown rice noodles in our chickpea noodle soup recipe so that should cover all the bases, right? Vegan and gluten-free!
This recipe for vegan chickpea noodle soup is seriously so easy and delicious and, the chickpeas have almost as much protein as chicken, so this could become your new favorite to get you to feeling better in no time, meat-free if you are under the weather.
Our recipe for vegan chickpea noodle soup is ridiculously simple to make, super satisfying, and perfect for cold, wintery weather. It’s like a cozy hug in a bowl!
Vegetarian/vegan or not, our vegan chickpea noodle soup is great for penny pinchers and college students because it’s super cheap and makes a HUGE pot, not to mention the leftovers you can enjoy for about a week! Delicious, easy, economical and lasting – who could ask for anything more than that?
Lastly, don’t take the easy way out and open a can of chickpeas for our easy vegan chickpea noodle recipe! Missing out on making this vegan noodle recipe with some terrific dried garbanzo beans prepared by you from scratch won’t be nearly as satisfying!
Vegan Noodle Soup
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Total Time||35 Minutes|
Vegan Noodle Soup Ingredients
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, prepared
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 3 large stalks celery, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups gluten-free brown rice spiral noodles
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Vegan Noodle Soup
- In a large Dutch oven, approximately 7 quarts, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 10 minutes until lightly browned and/or just tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add broth, thyme, bay leaves, pepper and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and add the noodles and cook according to package directions.
- Turn off heat, add prepared chickpeas and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and serve.