Tasty and healthy is a great way to describe our spinach artichoke hummus. The sautéed garlic and wilted spinach combined with marinated artichokes brings full flavor to your palate. This spinach artichoke hummus is seriously one that you will keep making time after time, as there are many appropriate occasions for this classic.
Making hummus is just one way of using garbanzo beans to bring your family some concentrated health benefits. Think about your everyday lifestyle of needing a healthy snack for your family. We can’t stress the healthiness of hummus enough as we bring our favorite hummus recipes over the next several weeks. The nutrition-packed inside these little chickpeas is so undeniable.
It doesn’t matter whether you are looking for an artichoke and spinach dip recipe or for spinach artichoke hummus, our recipe is perfectly plated for either. You can really enjoy this artichoke and spinach dip recipe on any occasion. It is so easy to make using our Bare Hummus Kit. To learn more about our hummus kit watch this video.
This artichoke and spinach dip is so colorful and attractive that it really does not need to be garnished with anything; however, if you want a little variation to color for serving this up, a few chopped roasted red peppers adds a nice touch. This hummus dip tastes great on pita chips or your favorite veggies.
Ready to go somewhere? Hummus is super easy to take because all you need is a small cooler, chips, or veggies. We know you will find our artichoke and spinach dip to be an all-time favorite appetizer as well. This spinach artichoke hummus can be made ahead of time and frozen. When you get that last minute invite or road trip request, just thaw and go!
Spinach Artichoke Hummus Recipe
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Total Time||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
Spinach Artichoke Hummus Ingredients
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of fresh baby spinach, torn
- 1 cup quartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup Dried Garbanzo Beans
- 1 3/4 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to Make Artichoke Hummus
- Soak Garbanzo Beans overnight
- Rinse and discard water, place beans in a pot, cover with 3 cups of water and bring to boil for 45 to 60 minutes until done.
- Drain and set aside cooking water, rinse under cold water for 2 minutes (For extra creamy hummus see tip).
- Put sesame seeds and olive oil in your food processor and blend.
- Add cooled beans and seasoning and blend in your food processor, gradually add some of the reserved cooking water until hummus is at desired creaminess.
- While your beans are cooking heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté until garlic is tender. Add spinach, cook and stir until wilted, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add garlic spinach mixture and artichokes into the food processor with the Bare Hummus base, and blend to desired consistency.
- Place in a serving bowl and this Spinach Artichoke Hummus is ready to serve.
Cooking with Garbanzo Beans Tip: We like to make our hummus as creamy as possible, so removing as many of the skins as you can is important. For Step #3, we place the beans in a colander (saving the cooking water of course) and begin to rinse the beans under cool water. We rinse our beans using our water spray unit holding it close to the beans and gently use a wooden spoon to turn the beans. The bean temperature change encourages the majority of the skins to loosen and fall off. Then we place the skins on a sheet pan, spread them out, pick out the loose skins and dispose of them, and continue with Step #4 to the end of the recipe.