If you like a crunchy, healthy snack of roasted garbanzo beans then you will surely grab this recipe for roasted garbanzo beans. To be honest about this recipe for roasted garbanzo beans, its like, “go bold or go back and try again (add more flavor)!!”
The Smokey bacon flavor in our recipe for roasted garbanzo beans may sound a little strange but it is bold and guaranteed to be an unforgettable hit. Garbanzo beans make terrific snacks for all ages and they are tasty, healthy and purely satisfying without the sugar!
Garbanzo beans aka chickpeas are low in saturated fat, and very low in cholesterol and sodium. They are a good source of dietary fiber, protein and copper, and a very good source of folate and manganese.
A little research tells us that just two cups of garbanzos can supply the daily requirement for helping lower LDL cholesterol and triglycerides and help regulate blood sugar levels. According to “Medical News Today” garbanzo beans offer a source of fiber that is well-tolerated by IBS patients. Who would have thought garbanzos could literally bring our bodies these amazing kinds of benefits.
Garbanzos are so extremely versatile. You can eat them hot or cold, and they can act as the super star of the meal. They can be whatever you want them to be. You can roast chickpeas and add them to salads, use them as a substitute for croutons in soups, or turn them into a simple snack like this one. Or, how about substituting these little gems for potato chips? Just an idea or two for you.
Try pairing our roasted garbanzo bean snack with a tray of vegetables – it’s a perfect hors d’oeuvres combination!
|Prep Time||5 Min|
|Total Time||55 Min|
|Number of Servings||6|
Roasted Garbanzo Bean Recipe
- ¾ cup garbanzo beans– prepared (see below)
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3tsp. Smokey bacon infused sea salt
- Place beans in a bowl and add olive oil and smoky bacon infused salt, (if need be, place the salt in a bag and gently crush into small pieces). Mix together until beans are well coated with the olive oil and salt.
- Pre-heat oven to 375° and position rack in the center of the oven.
- Spray a cooking sheet with Coconut Oil, or cover your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Spread beans in a single layer.
- Bake, shaking the pan halfway through the baking time until the chickpeas are crunchy for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until they test crispy. If the bean tests soft, bake longer until crispy.
- Let the beans cool for approximately 1 hour. They will become more crunchy as they cool. These beans are best eaten the same day.