There is so much joy in making and eating something as special as our Pumpkin Spiced Belgian waffles. OMGoodness to the max! Our pumpkin spiced waffle recipe is so reminiscent of Sunday mornings when we were young. Every Sunday morning was a waffle morning and unfortunately we have not kept that tradition. Traditions are great, aren’t they? We think it is time to re-institute this one. Our Pumpkin Spiced Belgian recipe is one of the best waffle recipes we have ever enjoyed.
Here is what you can expect from our Pumpkin Spiced Belgian waffles. The batter is light and kind of airy – not heavy, extremely delicious and, when they come out of the waffle iron they are tender and robust in flavor. Our waffle recipe is a little extraordinary in our opinion. You will be surprised how far those 5 cups of batter go and it will keep for several days without changing consistency or flavor. A little secret, we have been enjoying waffles now for the past 3 days! That’s what you call a “keeper”!
This is the absolute perfect time of the year to make this waffle recipe with what we refer to as “fall flavors,” you know, the ones that automatically attract all family members to actually sit at the table and have good conversation over great food. Why not make this waffle recipe become your Sunday morning signature recipe and start a tradition?
Remember Bisquick? It was such a revelation and a quick base for making pancakes, waffles, biscuits, etc. back in the 1930’s and, is still on store shelves today. Palouse Brand actually has a quick base for the same kinds of food made with our soft white wheat berries. This base only takes a few minutes from start to finish! Our baking mix is so much better than Bisquick and can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer - - so we say “out with the old and in with the new!” Don’t worry, we will give you a link to the recipe below.
Now, for our Sunday morning show stopping, mouth watering, best waffle recipe ever, here we go!
Best Waffle Recipe
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Total Time||25 Minutes|
Pumpkin Waffle Ingredients
- 4 lg. eggs, separated
- 1 pint buttermilk, shaken vigorously
- 1 cup canned solid-packed pumpkin
- 2 ½ cups Palouse Brand “Whole Wheat All-Purpose Baking Mix”
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 ½ tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Coconut Oil cooking spray
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until soft peaks form (more like soft mounds).
- Mix together the prepared baking mix, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves until well blended.
- Beat egg yolks, buttermilk, pumpkin and olive oil together with a whisk in a large bowl until smooth. Slowly add the baking mixture continuing to whisk until you have smooth batter.
- Fold in the egg whites just until combined.
- Prepare waffle iron with a light coating of cooking spray. Pour batter onto cooking surface, close the lid and cook until browned. Time may vary with waffle irons.