Delectable doesn’t even begin to completely describe our vegan cake recipe! Knowing we all have our own favorite vegan chocolate cake recipes is one thing, but when you make our recipe for a vegan cake and hold nothing back – the result is amazing! Aren’t you super anxious to celebrate with the best vegan cake recipe you can find - delightfully sinful!
Realizing that vegan cake recipes are not hard to find but the quality of ingredients for our vegan cake recipe is of the utmost importance, beginning right from the start with the flour we use. So yes, we admit chocolate is our favorite flavor so that is why we are sharing our chocolate vegan cake with you now.
We hope you will be as pleased as we are with the moistness and texture, and as overwhelmed with the outstanding flavor as we are. Remember, flavor runs deep in the heart of our vegan cake recipe. Do we need to remember that flavor is not all about the chocolate, right? Let’s see if you can taste the fresh quality of our soft white wheat berries once they are milled into flour.
The Best Vegan Cake Recipe
|Prep Time||25 Min|
|Total Time||90 Min|
Chocolate Cake Ingredients
- 2 ½ cups Multi Purpose Flour
- 2 ½ cups coconut sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 2/3 cups Almond milk
- 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. Almond milk
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Lightly grease and flour (or cut parchment paper to place in the bottom of the pans) two 8” round baking pans.
- In a large size, bowl whisks together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium size, bowl whisks together all of the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined – do not overmix.
- Divide the batter into the 8” pans and bake for approximately 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cakes cool completely before frosting. Once cooled, run a knife around the edges of the pans and remove the cakes. If you used parchment paper, discard the paper.
- Using a mixer, blend all of the frosting ingredients, except for the Almond milk. Blend until whipped and creamy. If the frosting is a little stiff, add 1-2 Tbsp. of Almond milk until desired consistency is achieved.
- Place the first cake on your cake plate and spread with approximately ½ of the frosting on top. Place the second cake on top of the first cake and spread remaining frosting on top of that cake. Next, add some swirls to the frosting on the top cake with your spatula to make it look fun and pretty.
- Store your completed cake in the refrigerator or a cool place until you are ready to serve.