Refreshing summertime, our Cilantro Lime Hummus is just that! You will find our Cilantro Lime Hummus is full of texture and can be served with just about anything you wish. Let’s just say this recipe is a zesty, bold, and very easy to make. We also might add, the lime certainly adds some zip.
Possibly the most interesting information we may give you today about this recipe is, this is a recipe for hummus with tahini. We really did just say that. . . . this is a recipe for hummus with tahini! You make your own tahini! Tahini is a Middle Eastern paste or sauce made from ground sesame seeds and that is exactly what you are going to do. Tahini and hummus are very traditional dishes and we have thoroughly enjoyed reinventing them over the last six weeks! Check out our favorite hummus variations here.
Fresh tahini, the freshest dried garbanzo beans you can buy, this recipe is fresh and homemade all the way! Fresh hummus is something to love! We love being able to share our farm, kitchen, and beans with you. We are proud to be growing and offering one of the oldest consumed crops in the world because we know how special and important chickpeas are. Want to learn more about garbanzo bean nutrition and other interesting facts click here.
We hope you love this Cilantro Hummus as much as we do! With just the right amount of zing, it is sure to become a summer favorite! We suggest serving with your favorite veggies, crackers, or try pita wedges as they are also tasty with our Cilantro Lime Hummus.
Cilantro Lime Hummus Recipe
|Prep Time||5 Min|
|Total Time||65 Min|
|Number of Servings||1 Pint|
Cilantro Lime Hummus Ingredient
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice (approx. 2 medium limes)
- 1.5 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Grated lime peel from squeezed limes
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Ingredients for Hummus:
- 3/4 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 1 3/4 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to Make Cilantro Lime Hummus
- Soak garbanzo beans for 8 hours in 4 cups of water.
- Drain garbanzo beans and place in a pot, cover with 3 cups of water and boil for one hour
- Drain and set aside cooking water, rinse under cold water for 2 minutes.
- Optional step for creaming hummus: rinse beans while gently turning the beans with a wooden spoon. The bean temperature change encourages the majority of the skins to loosen and fall off. Then we place the skins on a sheet pan, spread them out, pick out the loose skins and dispose of them
- Place sesame seed and olive oil in your food processor and blend to make your own tahini.
- Add garbanzo beans and blend in your food processor, you may gradually add some of the garbanzo bean water we suggested you set aside from the boiling process (if you desire creamier hummus)
- Add seasoning, the chopped cilantro leaves, freshly squeezed lime juice, olive oil, garlic cloves, grated lime peel, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix well, scrape sides and mix again.
- Serve and enjoy!