These chickpea patties are fresh from the word “go”! Call these delicious little patties; chickpea patties, cauliflower patties, vegan/burger patties, gluten-free patties, it won’t matter once you taste them because they are all of that and more! Can we just say. Booyah! These chickpea burgers are amazing!
There are just three steps with these delicious patties: 1) make ‘em fresh; 2) bake ‘em fresh, and; 3) serve ‘em fresh! When you use high quality ingredients like our non-GMO chickpeas and combine them with cauliflower, red pepper, onion and cumin, You know you are going to have an amazing dish!
You don’t need to have a bunch of fancy or exotic ingredient to make this chickpea recipe. Almost all of the ingredients are pantry or fridge staples. These chickpea burgers/patties have great texture, great flavor and we know you will love them.
The combination of chickpeas and cauliflower also brings together the power of two “superfoods” providing vitamins, minerals, antioxidant and phytonutrients. One thing we know for sure is this combination shouts – “antioxidant power” – a terrific gift to our overall health.
We try to post recipes that are healthy, delicious, and easy to make when there is a shortage of time. When we use our chickpeas for instance, we prepare them ahead of time for our planned meals over the coming week which frees up a load of time for us on a daily basis. We have two great suggestions to share for these patties. . .
One of our favorite ways to serve these patties is over sautéed spinach for a complete meal. Although the quantity may not seem like it would be very filling, we have not found ourselves hungry and we are completely satisfied after this meal.
Another way of serving this great chickpea recipe is to take it outside the typical box a little further and “layer” with our hummus on a bun! These chickpea patties are rather yummy on thin sliced sandwich buns with our tasty Bare Hummus Kit, using it as a sandwich spread, add lettuce, tomato, etc.
Chickpea Cauliflower Patty Recipe
|Prep Time||60 Minutes|
|Total Time||90 Minutes|
Chickpea Cauliflower Patties Ingredients
- ¾ cup dried chickpeas
- 1 head cauliflower, steamed
- 1 bell pepper, either green or red
- 1 onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup panko
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. coriander
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Chickpea Burger Directions
- Soak chickpeas overnight in 3 cups of water.
- Drain chickpeas.
- Bring 3 cups water to boil and add chickpeas, reduce heat to a slow rolling boil for approximately 1 hour, drain and mash.
- In a separate pan steam cauliflower until soft and mash.
- Put mashed chickpeas and cauliflower together in large bowl and gently mash together until well mixed.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper over low heat until soft, add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Combine the chickpea, cauliflower mixture, garlic, onion, peppers, spices and panko.
- Mix together until a ball can be formed without falling apart. There should be enough moisture for the balls to stay together.
- Carefully form each ball in your hands and press out onto wax paper to form patties.
- Spray coconut oil on pan or baking dish to place patties on for baking.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, flip patties and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until browned.