This chocolate chip cookie recipe is outstanding. These cookies never last more than a day after baking, even if there are only two people in the house and they are constantly requested in the office. We love these cookies because of the use lentils and our multi-purpose whole wheat flour. While that makes them a little healthier they are definitely still a tasty treat. The lentils add to the moisture and chewiness of the cookie and the whole wheat flour provides a beautiful texture and color to the cookie recipe. This really is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe.
This recipe uses brown lentils and if you are unfamiliar with how to cook lentils we recommend using this guide. Brown lentils are one of the quickest and easiest legumes to use, they are no soak and cook in 30 minutes. While the lentils are important in this recipe so is using two kinds of sugar. The white and brown sugar split provides excellent depth of flavor in these cookies. The other step that seems like an over complication of a simple recipe is the mix of chocolate chips. Along with the sugar split, you can't use just one kind of chocolate chip and expect jaw-dropping results. This chocolate chip cookie recipe uses three kinds of chocolate chips for a good reason and we promise the result is worth effort!
If you mill your own flour we recommend using the soft white wheat berry for this recipe. The sweet, nutty flavor and lower protein content make this the perfect recipe for that wheat berry. If you have never tried fresh milled flour and don’t want to commit to buying a mill and wheat berries just yet - you can try our fresh milled flour. It is milled the day you order it. If none of the option appeal to you, simple all-purpose flour will work in this recipe.
Healthy Lentil Cookie
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Total Time||10 Minutes|
Champion Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pureed lentils
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup special dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cups multi-purpose flour
How to Make Lentil Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- In a large bowl cream room temperature butter with sugars. Cream for 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- Add lentils, eggs, and vanilla. Continue to cream until the mixture is well combined.
- Mix in salt and baking powder.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Stir flour until just combined. It is important not to over stir, so the cookies do not become tough.
- Drop 2 tablespoon sized balls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 - 15 minutes until light brown. Leave cookies on a sheet pan for a few minutes after removing them from the oven.