is back-ordered. We will ship it separately in 10 to 15 days.
Holiday Gift Ideas:
Share a piece of our family farm with your loved ones this Holiday season. These will make perfect stocking stuffers or a great addition to any kitchen themed gift. Need teacher or gifts for a group? Make soups in a jar or baked good mixes to give out. We know that these are sure to delight!
- Single Recipe Hummus Kits in 3 great flavors; Bare, Mediterranean and Garlic & Herb.
- Everything you need to make outstanding hummus just add oil!
- Pulse Pack - 24 ounces of lentils, garbanzo beans and green split peas each.
- Wheat Pack - 24 ounces of hard red, hard white and soft white wheat berries each.
- All Commodity Variety Pack - 24 ounces of each of our commodities.
- Legume Trio - 3 lbs of garbanzo beans, lentils and green split peas each.
- Wheat Trio - 3 lbs of hard red spring, hard white and soft white wheat berries each.
- Baker's Bundle - 5 lbs of hard red and soft white wheat berries each.
- Sprouters Bundle - 5 lbs of lentils and Garbanzo Beans each.
- Soup & Salad Bundle - 5 lbs of garbanzo beans and green split peas each.
- No Soak Needed Bundle - 5 lbs of brown lentils and green split peas each.
Frequently Bought Together:
Holiday Recipe Ideas:
The Holidays are a wonderful time for family, friends, and food. From Thanksgiving to New Years many Holiday traditions are centered around food. If you need a little inspiration this Holiday season check out our recipe ideas. We have crafted recipes using our wheat berries, garbanzo beans, green split peas and brown lentils. There are tons of ideas to dress up any occasion that we bet many of your guests will have never tried and made sure to join our newsletter and follow us on Facebook as we post new recipes throughout this season.
We also love the blog Wholefully, they have great recipes from homemade crackers to the delicious soup mix! To share a little inspiration we thought we would share this great recipe and free printable's with you.
INGREDIENTS & MATERIALS
- 1 pound pinto beans
- 1 pound split green peas
- 1 pound garbanzo beans
- 1 pound black beans or brown lentils
- 1 pound kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onions (found in the spice aisle)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 8 bay leaves
- 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 clear quart Mason jars plus lids & rings
- Parchment paper
- Tape or stickers
- Fabric and ribbon to cover top
- In each of the four Mason jars, layer 2/3 cup of pinto beans—shaking the jar gently to level the beans. Then repeat with 2/3 cup of green peas and so on ending with the kidney beans. Set jars aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all remaining spices except bay leaves and bouillon cubes.
- On a 10″ x 10″ piece of parchment paper, spoon 3 tablespoons of the spice mixture in the middle. Place two bay leaves and one bouillon cube on top. Fold parchment around spices to make a small spice packet. Seal with tape or stickers. Repeat three more times to create four total packets. Squish the packets into the top space of each of the four bean jars. You can also package the spices into plastic zip-top baggies if you prefer.
- Place lids on jars, cover in fabric and ribbon and label as desired.
For more detail and the free printable's check out the original post here. We added a few of our favorite legumes to the above recipe and the picture is courtesy of Wholefully as well.
What makes Palouse Brand Products Special?
Our cleaning facility was designed for quality not quantity and has cleaned legumes and grains for the international market and domestic consumption. Our food is appealing to our consumers because of its nutrition, aesthetics and trace-ability to our farm fields.
What is trace-ability?
Each bag of food comes with a special lot code that allows you to see the dates we planted and harvested your food, pictures of the growing crop and more. All of our products are certified Kosher Parve, Non-GMO Project Certified and our farming methods are Certified Sustainable by the Food Alliance. Our foods are different because Steve & Kevin Mader plant, harvest, clean and package at our own facilities in Washington State - there are few if any companies that can track your food and the details of your food back to the field, like we do.