Are you looking for a new, fresh recipe to try this week? This Thai inspired Chickpea Pizza might be just what you are looking for! It features a great pizza dough that makes the best pizza crust! Completely free of meat and dairy, it is packed full of flavor! In this recipe, our garbanzo beans are tossed with plum sauce, thinly sliced sweet peppers and spicy red onions. Once out of the oven, it is finished with peanut sauce, fresh green onion, and cilantro. All of this is served on top of a delicious whole wheat crust.
A great pizza begins with great pizza dough. Today, pizza dough comes in many forms. One of the most popular crusts is the classic Neapolitan pizza crust recipe. While this style of thin crust is the most basic in ingredients, it does require a long rise time and a very hot oven…..around 900 degrees! Our recipe for pizza dough is an adaptation of this classic style. While still a thin crust, it has been slightly enriched with sugar and olive oil to promote caramelization in a lower temperature oven and with a quick rise.
Our pizza dough is made with our Hard White Wheat Berries. Hard white wheat has a high protein content yet mild flavor that is perfect for pizza crust. The fresh milled flour adds incredible flavor to this short rise crust. Our pizza crust recipe is quick to mix and only rises for one hour before being rolled out to bake. It makes the perfect weekday meal!
Hard White Wheat Pizza Crust Recipe
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Total Time||25 Minutes|
Pizza Crust Ingredients
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 ½ teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 260 grams milled Hard White Wheat Flour (2 cups whole wheat flour)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Make Thai Chickpea Pizza
- Combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar in a mixing bowl and stir to dissolve.
- Add the flour, salt and olive oil to the bowl and mix until you have formed a shaggy dough.
- Turn the dough onto a clean work surface. Knead with a pinch of flour until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and let rise for one hour in a warm location.
- After the dough has risen, roll and press into a 14” round on parchment paper
- Top with desired toppings and bake at 450 degrees for 12-13 minutes.