This delicious Sourdough Pull Apart Loaf recipe is brought to our blog from A Sourdough Story.
Inspiration for her sourdough comes from nature. She believes the very essence of sourdough is the life force of our environment so she tries to incorporate the sweet and savory flavors she finds through foraging or local farms to complement her baking. This loaf is perfect for dipping in Ampersand Oils as it breaks easily into 6 little cubes. It is light and fluffy, and holiday ready as a perfect side dish or appetizer.
Sourdough Pull-Apart Loaf Recipe
|Prep Time||8+ hrs|
|Total Time||30 Min|
|Number of Servings||6|
Sourdough Pull-Apart Loaf Ingredients
- 30 grams active starter
- 60 grams bread flour
- 60 grams water
- Main Dough:
- 270 grams bread flour
- 68 grams whole wheat
- 7 grams salt
- 215 grams water
- 68 grams leaven
How to make Sourdough Pull-Apart Loaf
- Make Leaven. Combine active starter, flour and water together. Let ferment for 6 hours at room temperature.
- Make the main dough. Combine the main dough ingredients. Let this combination sit for 30 mins. Once the 30 minutes is up, add the above leaven. Mix well.
- Bulk ferment. Let dough sit at room temperature for 4-5 hours, pulling dough back on itself every 30 minutes to strengthen dough.
- Cold ferment. Cover and place dough in the refrigerator overnight (or 10 hours).
- Pull dough out of the refrigerator and shape. Divide into 6 equal parts and place in a greased 9x9 bread pan.
- Let dough rise for 2-4 hours or until puffy. Lightly brush the top before baking with an egg wash (1 egg and 1 tbsp. water).
- Set oven to 500 degrees. Let the oven heat for 45 min then bake for 30 minutes.