We can’t say enough good things about this Black Bean Burger and love to have them year round since they are just as good cooking them inside on a cast-iron skillet, as they are outside on the grill. Get together all the classic fixings and pile them on for a classic burger taste. Though they’re also great with a bit of guacamole!
These black bean burgers hold their shape really well thanks in large part to the dense texture of the dried black beans. The best part about these burgers is that they are so quick and easy. The whole process from start to finish will take just 30 minutes and just one prep dish! Like we said, there aren’t enough words to praise these beans and burgers.
Black Bean Burger Recipe
|Prep Time||20 Min|
|Total Time||30 Min|
|Number of Servings||6|
Black Bean Burger Ingredients
3 cups cooked dried black beans
1/4 cup grated onion
2 cloves minced garlic
2 TBSP adobo sauce
1 TBSP tamari
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 egg (flax egg for vegan recipe)
1 cup panko bread crumbs
EVOO for brushing
Hamburger buns and desired fixings
How to Make Black Bean Burgers
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients but the egg and bread crumbs and mash until the mixture begins to hold together with some chunks of black beans still in the mix.
2. Using a spatula, fold in the egg until combined, then fold in the bread crumbs.
3. With your hands, form 6 burger patties from the mixture. The mixture should be wet, but if too wet to handle, simply place the mixture in the fridge for around 20 minutes.
4. For cooking with a cast-iron skillet, heat the skillet over medium heat and brush the pan with oil. The burgers should cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until charred on each side.
5. For grill-cooked burgers, preheat your grill to 400 degrees. Lightly brush your patties with olive oil and grill for about 8 minutes on the first side and then 4 minutes on the second side.