If you like a chipotle hummus dip this just may be the one for you with an added refreshing twist of lime. This chipotle hummus is great for any occasion and guaranteed to be the life of the party.
We believe you won’t find a creamier, tastier hummus to liven up your taste buds than our Lime and Chipotle Hummus. There are many countries that use hummus daily as a staple because it packs more nutrients than we can list here; like vitamins, minerals, protein, a little good fat, and some carbs. Sounds pretty well rounded, doesn’t it? Our healthy hummus recipe will cost you a lot less than any store purchased brand on the market today, so let us just say. . . this delicious hummus recipe is a win-win for your body, mind and pocketbook!
Recipes for hummus have never been easier. Let’s see what we can do to make your job in the kitchen as easy as possible. Garbanzo beans + olive oil and water are the base to this recipe.
There are so many benefits when you make your own hummus, and so many flavored hummus recipes we want to share with you.
This hummus tastes great with pita chips, tortilla chips, homemade Ezekiel chips, or maybe you would like to taste a little cool and hot by dipping a stick of celery into this flavored hummus.
|Prep Time||15 Min|
|Total Time||1 hour 15 Min|
|Number of Servings||1 pint|
Homemade Lime/Chipotle Hummus Recipe Ingredients
- 3 cups Water
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic Cloves
- 3 tsp. Chipotle Spice
- 2 tbsp. Lime Juice
Ingredients you will need for easy to make Hummus:
- 3/4 cup Dried Garbanzo Beans
- 1 3/4 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Easy to make Hummus Recipe Instructions:
- Soak garbanzo beans overnight
- Rinse and discard water, place beans in a pot, cover with 3 cups of water and bring to boil for one hour
- Drain and set aside cooking water, rinse under cold water for 2 minutes (see Tip)
- Place sesame seed and olive oil in your food processor according to the directions on the hummus kit
- Add cooled beans and blend in your food processor, you may gradually add some of the garbanzo bean water we suggested you set aside from the boiling process (if you desire creamier hummus)
- Add seasoning and process until well mixed
- Add the olive oil, garlic cloves, Chipotle Spice, and lime juice.
- Garnish with a few thinly sliced lime wedges and a little sprinkle of Chipotle Spice on top for color if you like. Enjoy!
Tip for Extra Creamy Hummus: We suggest you remove as many of the skins as you can. For Step #3, we place the beans in a colander (saving the cooking water of course) and begin to rinse the beans under cool water. We rinse our beans using our water spray unit holding it close to the beans while gently turning the beans with a wooden spoon. The bean temperature change encourages the majority of the skins to loosen and fall off. Then we place the beans on a sheet pan, spread them out, pick out the loose skins and dispose of them, and continue with Step #4 to the end of the recipe.