11 Recipes You Need for Memorial Day Weekend
Recipe posted by Palouse Brand on May 19, 2016
Summer and Memorial Day are just around the corner! We love getting out and grilling or camping this time of year. We were looking for new ideas for this Summer's BBQs and camping trips. So we have rounded up the best recipes we could find! Everything from Memorial Day desserts to grilled pizza! Some of these salads are out of this world! Whether you are going camping, barbecuing or just need a great meal after a day of yard work these BBQ menu ideas will be a sure thing! Give them a try and let us know what you think! We hope you have a Happy Memorial Day and enjoy this Memorial Day recipes! So let's get started!
Recipes for your Summer:
1. Veggie Burger - Best veggie burger recipe you will find! These chickpea patties are quick, fresh and oh so tasty! This veggie burger is sure to rule this summer! Recipe and photo courtesy of Palouse Brand. Get your chickpeas here.
2. Panzanella Salad - Roasted chickpeas stand in for rustic bread in this gluten free version of an old classic. With its bright colors and fresh flavors this Panzanella salad will be a hit. Recipe and photo courtesy of Dishing Up the Dirt.
3. Lentil & Pea Salad - It is a wonderful cross between an Italian chopped salad and an Italian pasta salad. With the added perks of being gluten free and vegan! Recipe and photo courtesy of Palouse Brand. Get you lentils here.
4. Chickpea Brownies - These should be called blender brownies because all you do is toss the ingredients in a blender, flip the switch, then bake your batter. They are so rich and chocolaty no one will know they are good for you! Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Roasted Root.
5. Asian Wheat Berry Salad - The wheat berries themselves have a pleasant chewy texture and a sweet, nutty flavor. But it’s when these wheat berries are combined with the other textures and flavors that they really shine. Recipe and photo courtesy of the Daring Gourmet.
6. Trail Mix - This is a great trail mix recipe as well as a recipe for roasted garbanzo beans. This is the perfect snack! This is not your typical trail mix recipe! Recipe and photo courtesy of Palouse Brand. Get you wheat berries here.
7. Chopped Greek Salad - THIS RECIPE FOR CHOPPED GREEK SALAD IS A VARIETY OF FRESH VEGETABLES WITH CHICKPEAS, CREAMY FETA CHEESE AND OLIVES, ALL TOSSED IN A GREEK LEMON AND HERB VINAIGRETTE. Recipe and photo courtesy of Dinner at the Zoo.
9. Chocolate Peanut-butter Hummus - This recipe is better than peanut butter hummus or chocolate hummus because it's both in one! Can you say dessert hummus? This is a rich and creamy treat! Put on graham crackers or bananas this is one recipe you won’t want to be without this summer! Recipe and photo courtesy of Palouse Brand.
10. Strawberry Blueberry Limeade - This is the perfect refreshing summer drink! It’s a great version of one of my favorite fast food restaurant Cherry Limeade’s.Recipe and photo courtesy of the Taylor House. Get you hummus kit here.
11. Grilled Pizza - Here is a step-by-step tutorial on grilling pizza. Honestly, this method is not hard, once you get the hang of it, and thanks to the extra-high heat of the grill, it makes some of the best pizza you'll ever eat! Recipe and photo courtesy of The Kitchn.
We love these recipes and hope you do to! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!